by Matt Marsiglia, NOLA Brew Bus Founder
November 14, 2016
Updated: May 13, 2018
Your favorite bar is closing, and you’re not ready to go home. But, you can’t stay here. We’ve got your solution! Here are some of the best New Orleans late night bars after 2am:
- Avenue Pub, located on St. Charles Ave is a front-runner. Rotating draft beer and a balcony–these are few of our favorite things! This bar is consistently rated one of the best craft beer bar in America, open 24/7/365.
- Grit’s Bar, located just off Tchoupitoulas, on Lyons St. The dance party is bound to take off here, giving it the street name “Club Gritz.” Definitely stop by here to take the night up a notch.
- F and M’s, located right next to Grit’s on Tchoupitoulas, and open until at least 4am, this place also turns into dancing on the pool table nightly! A mostly college crowd but don’t forget to grab the cheese fries for a late night snack that you may or may not regret.
- The Club Ms. Mae’s, located on Magazine Street, is open 24 hours. With cheap drinks ($2 beers and $3 wells) and an eclectic crowd the later it gets, Ms. Mae’s never disappoints.
- Black Penny, located on N. Rampart, this place had a great beer selection and is just on the edge of the French Quarter for when you stumble home from Bourbon Street. We start and end most of our tours here because of their vast selection of canned and bottled beers!
- The Saint, located on St. Mary St., this bar is a great place for a nightcap and some final dance moves before shutting down the night.
- The Gold Mine Saloon, this place is a local’s French Quarter favorite, located just a block off Bourbon Street on Dauphine St. in the French Quarter. Another place where you can dance until the sun rises. Be sure to try the flaming Dr. Pepper shot
before making your way to a breakfast spot the next morning.
- Snake and Jake’s Christmas Club Lounge, located on Oak Street in Uptown. Late night, this place is literally better than Christmas. Open until the wee hours of the morning, this is a favorite spot to end the night, or even start the next day off right.
- Kajun’s Pub, located on St. Claude in the Marigny, this is a 24-hour Karaoke joint.
- Pi Lounge, located on South Peters, and very close to the French Quarter, this place turns into a techno bar, with music pumping at least until 6am.
- Fat Harry’s, located on St. Charles in Uptown, this is a bar that has burned down a number of times, but gets better with every rebuild. Open until at least 4am, this spot has cheap drinks and great eats.
- Hi-Ho Lounge, located on St. Claude Ave., this place has a Bohemian vibe with live music, DJs, burlesque and other events. Or, just go for some old fashioned, late night dancing.
- Molly’s At The Market, a hot spot for locals, this French Quarter dive bar rarely sleeps, open 20 hours a day.